What we do - Get more out of employee ownership
Whether you are just at the point of becoming mutual or employee owned, or have been employee owned for some time, you should be asking the questions ‘are we getting the most out of employee ownership and performing at our highest potential?’
Baxi Partnership offer a significant number of support services that are specifically designed to help ensure that your employee owned organisation is as high-performing as possible, and you are capitalising on the all the potential benefits that your ownership structure has to offer.
Our support services will be tailored to suit each client we work with, and aim to deliver the following benefits:
- To mobilise and nurture a culture of partnership working
- To strengthen, review and align governance and ownership arrangements
- To optimise overall employee owned business performance
Our specific support services include:
Training, learning and development
- Tailored in-house learning and development programmes: Baxi Partnership design and deliver tailored in house training programmes for clients across the UK, including employee ownership skills mapping for your team, individual mentoring and development support for team members, specialist workshops tailored to team needs and structured around participants real issue case studies; and study tours of existing well-established, successful employee owned organisations;
- Management development programme: The UK’s only accredited management development programme for employee owned businesses. Available on an open or in house tailored basis offering you the adaptability and flexibility to best suit your business needs;
- Leadership development course: Baxi Partnership, in conjunction with the centre for Mutual and Employee owned businesses at Oxford University, has designed a three day residential leadership development course specifically for middle and senior managers within co-owned businesses. Employee ownership brings an extra dimension to the challenges of leadership including balancing the differing expectations of an increased stakeholder pool, enabling a partnership culture, facilitating innovation and deciding on the type, frequency and content of employee communications. The programme offers interactive and experiential learning combining taught sessions with syndicate work;
- Creating internal employee ownership champions: Baxi Partnership’s extremely popular Champions Course focuses on the skills needed by an EO company’s employee representatives, Trustees, Directors and council members. This course will better equip you to understand more about the world of employee ownership, the business and your role in it, and help you make a positive difference in the company you own.
Ownership Culture Survey (OCS): Baxi Partnership is the only company in the UK to support employee owned companies on how to measure and assess the success and impact of their EO structure. The OCS, developed in partnership with the National Center for Employee Ownership in the US, quantifies and analyses a unique range of measures.
Employee ownership health checks which benchmark how well or under developed the employee owned culture is within organisations and provides analysis on how to strengthen that culture. This involves us investing time with current managers, owners and other stakeholders looking at how employee ownership might benefit your organisation. Led by senior Baxi Partnership staff and working closely with the client managers on their own premises. Final analysis offers significant organisational insights, identification of best practice, opportunities for specific efficiencies, further economies and driving additional value from existing arrangements.
Recruitment support for senior managers, trustees and non-executive directors: if you‚Äôre looking to find experienced individuals with a proven track record in employee owned organisations, Baxi Partnership offer a specific service to help you find the people best suited to your individual enterprise.
Helping to construct employee share schemes: a specialist skill in which Baxi Partnership has a strong track record and demonstrable expertise.