Award win cements Verco’s position as UK’s leading green social housing consultancy
Verco has been named 2012’s “Sustainable Social Housing Consultancy of the Year” at the Sustainable Housing Awards; repeating its 2011 victory in the same category.
The win caps off a triumphant year for Verco, which separated from its former parent company Camco in April to become a fully employee-owned company as part of the Baxi Partnership Group.
The Sustainable Housing Awards, which are organised by the Chartered Institute of Housing and Inside Housing Magazine, represent the industry’s foremost showcase of housing sustainability best practice. Seen as a key indicator of companies’ relative strength in the sector, the awards this year attracted more than 120 entrants from across the UK.
By taking home the all-important “Sustainable Social Housing Consultancy of the Year” award, Verco has established itself once again as the UK’s leading sustainable social housing consultancy; and proved that its transition to full employee ownership has served to bolster the company’s sustainability offering.
A notable example of Verco’s work is its involvement with housing associations and other social landlords, and in particular its work advising landlords on Green Deal preparation, delivery, and investment. Other examples include:
- A leadership position in supporting numerous housing associations and local authorities to take advantage of Green Deal finance when it becomes available in early 2013
- The creation of a retrofit hub in collaboration with 20 Local Authorities for Efficiency East Midlands, in order to develop a collective Green Deal approach across the region.
- A bottom-up appraisal of the potential for Green Deal investment across 580,000 homes on behalf of the London Borough of Haringey;
- The development of an optimal green investment programme for Affinity Sutton based on technical and financial modelling of retrofit opportunities;
Also singled out for praise was research Verco led earlier this year on behalf of Transform UK, Consumer Focus, and the Cooperative Group, which went on to form the basis of the widely publicised “Energy Bill Revolution” Campaign. The campaign, which made front-page national news and attracted the support of many influential members of parliament, was based on Verco research into the scope for recycling carbon tax revenue into energy efficiency in UK housing.
Verco Director Duncan Price said: “Winning this award for the second year running is a cheering confirmation of Verco’s place as the UK’s leading green social housing consultancy. Whether it’s conducting the most thorough piece of research yet into Green Deal investment opportunities, or providing the evidence base for 2012’s most influential energy efficiency campaign, Verco has led the industry this year in making social housing sustainable. It gives us particular pride to accept this award under the Verco brand, and as part of the Baxi Partnership Group of employee owned companies – a position that strengthens our sustainability offer and provides us with an ideal platform to come back for the hat-trick next year”
NOTES TO EDITORS:
- Verco’s track record began 23 years ago as Energy for Sustainable Development (ESD). ESD joined the Camco International Group in 2008 and from April 2012 has continued to deliver and strengthen its unique advisory offer under the name Verco.
- Verco is part of the Baxi Partnership, a group of dynamic employee owned businesses who offer a range of specialist advisory services and funding.
- For more information on Verco visit www.vercoglobal.com
- For more information on the Baxi Partnership visit www.baxipartnership.co.uk